Random Texter: “Hey stranger, how are you?”
Me: “You either have a new number OR have been deleted, who is this?”
Random Texter: “My number is still the same, this is _____”.
Me: “Well… I know quite a few _____, so what city do you live in?”.
Random Texter: “Baldwin Hills”.
Me: “Oh hey there, I’m doing good. Hope all is well”.
As you can see, I wasn’t interested in entertaining last night’s reunion by text any longer, especially with a man where our contact a year ago when he:
– argued with me over why I allowed my child to go trick or treating because it was the devil’s holiday
– was appalled when I described how much I enjoyed looking for that perfect Christmas tree
– couldn’t understand that I was not into him to want to see him 4 days a week
– drove like a bad Indy car racer each time we went out so he could “show me how a V8 felt in a Benz”
– explained his line of work which I’m sure was along the lines of some type of obscure fraud
– made me want to vomit when he forced his pencil thin, rod hard tongue in my mouth (read Kissing a Wet Pencil, this IS him!)
– acted like a 2 year old when I finally explained “I’m just not that into you
Enough reasons to prove that this guy is not worthy of a second look, right?
So here we go, silly me, thinking my close-ended reply was enough to send him scrolling in the other direction through his phone, I receive the following this afternoon:
“Let’s go to the movies tonight, then afterwards, let’s go out for some drinks”.
After a year, just like that?
What’s sad about this is for a nanosecond, I actually thought about it.
A date? Post Rescue? Already?
This is what I should be hearing from someone I’m actually interested in, or at least attracted to.
I don’t know, maybe that’s my problem and I need to listen to mother dear who is always saying “You shouldn’t just deal with a person based on physical attraction”.
Hell, if this is the case, I would have had 500 boyfriends and at least 10 husbands.
Not sure if I’m ready for dating the inner beauty of a man just yet.
Wet Pencil wasn’t a bad looking man at all but I just didn’t feel any attraction towards him.
Still, for now I think I’ll go with my gut on this one and keep it pushing.
Until there’s a cure…